Most of you might already know what Dropbox is but for those who do not, Dropbox it’s the file synchronization/backup service that you have been thinking/dreaming about. The most basic use of dropbox would have you install the Dropbox client on 2 computers and the contents of your Dropbox folder would synchronize automatically between them. No need to remember to upload or download the latest copy. No forgetting your thumbdrive, or forgetting to burn that file to CD/DVD. The latest version of your file will be on any computer attached to your account, automatically.
Here a couple of the features that Dropbox will provide when you sign up:
- 2GB of Dropbox for free, with subscriptions up to 100GB available.
- Your files are always available from the secure Dropbox website.
- Dropbox works with Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.
- Works even when offline. You always have your files, whether or not you have a connection.
- Dropbox transfers just the parts of a file that change (not the whole thing).
- Manually set bandwidth limits — Dropbox won’t hog your connection.