Here’s a good looking infographic that shows the tech giants revenues and profits. Enjoy!
As you already know, Apple released last night the iPhone 5 and made us aware that iOS 6 will be available to the public on September 19th. However, if you have a developer account, iOS6 GM (the final version of the OS) can be downloaded and installed right away.
Here’s how to do it:
- Google for iOS 6 GM (you’ll easily find the version for your iDevice) and download it.
- Back up your iDevice with iTunes.
- Launch iTunes (make sure it’s the latest version), click on your device then on the page that has just shown up, hold SHIFT on your keyboard if you’re on a PC or the option key on OSX and click on Check For Updates button, then point to the place where you have your iOS 6GM file and let it do it’s routine.
- If necessary, restore your device from backup and sync with iTunes.
- Enjoy iOS 6.
Apple start sending out invitations to a couple of thousands lucky persons in the world to take part at their event taking place on September 12,2012 at Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco.
In the image above you can see in the shadow of number 1 and 2 the beginning of the number 5 which leads me to believe that we’ll see the iPhone 5 at the event. Can’t wait to see what is Apple going to come up with! Stay tuned for more!
iOS 6 Beta (build 10B24) has been leaked and Jake, a YouTube user got his hands on it and, in a short video, he describes a few of the changes that we can expect to see on iOS 6 final release.
From the video, these are a few changes we can see:
- iTunes Store and App Store have been merged into iStore
- we’ve got a new Maps Application (Apple proprietary – they’ve decided to quit using Google Maps)
- a new Dictionary application
- that if you double click the home button in landscape, the task manager will show in landscape as well.
Check out the video below and tell me what you think? Are you excited or dissapointed? What would YOU like to see in iOS 6?
GreenPoison has just release Absinthe 2.0 which will jailbreak (untethered) your iDevice if it runs iOS 5.1.1. This jailbreak tool works with all devices (The New iPad and iPhone 4s included) running iOS 5.1.1. so if you’re on a lower version, make sure you update. However, be ware if you have a locked device and want to preserve your unlock, you’ll need a custom IPSW which can be created with RedSnow. Look for the internet for a lot of tutorials on how can this be achieved.
Once your iDevice is updated to 5.1.1. head over to the Absinthe site and download Absinthe (Windows/Mac/Linux). Then, plug in your iDevice, launch Absinthe, click “Jailbreak,” and wait for Absinthe to complete the jailbreak.
Check out the GreenPoison page below for download links and more info for each device.
Disclaimer: Jailbreak your iDevice at your own risk! I will not be held responsible should anything go wrong during the process and you brick/damage your device.
Rockstar Games released the famous Max Payne game on the mobile platforms at last. The game is now available as an universal application (for both iPhone/iPad) and it’s boosting retina graphics for your eyes to enjoy. Check out the trailer below and you can download the application HERE or directly from your iDevice. (you’ll need a wireless connection, the game is 1.11 GB in size)